03 May 2009

Music

How is it that music - songs, in particular - can touch our hearts and our minds in a way that ordinary words can never come close to doing? How they can stir us to greater and higher thoughts, they can touch our restless souls and bring a divine peace. 

One music artist I have come to love is David Phelps. I would like to share the following song of his with anyone who is out there reading. I hope it connects with you the way it connects with me. 


Give All to Him 

-David Phelps 


You don't say a word 

But I know you're so afraid 

Trying hard to take the step of faith 

You're so confused 

And you're so alone 

Standing face to face with the unknown 

Every need you have, God already knows about it 

But still He longs to hear from you

I believe if you put your trust in Him 

That is where the road of faith begins 


If His eye is on the sparrow 

When it comes to me and you 

There is no place He won't go 

And nothing He won't do 

Like a mother cradles  a child 

His grace covers us somehow 

So whatever you go through 

God will take care of you 


Change is never easy 

But it's just a part of living 

There is so much more than we can see 

A higher place so far above it all 

Is ours when we're faithful to His call 


'Cause if His eye is on the sparrow 

When it comes to me and you 

There is no place He won't go 

And nothing He won't do 

Like a mother cradles a child 

His grace covers us somehow 

So whatever you go through 

God will take care of you 


We don't know (We don't have to understand) 

The how's, the why's, the when's, 

So give it all to Him 

 

'Cause if His eye is on the sparrow 

When it comes to me and you 

There is no place He won't go 

And nothing He won't do 

Like a mother cradles  a child 

His grace covers us somehow 

So whatever you go through 

God will take care of you 


I know He will 

You'll be all right 

'Cause He'll take care of you 


No comments: